- 44712 Queer Theory in Social Work Practice
- Doctoral Research Assistant, The University of Chicago
- Senior Behavioral Research Coordinator, Lurie Children’s Hospital
- Support Services Coordinator, Chicago Women’s AIDS Project
- Training and Volunteer Coordinator, Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline/YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Fields of Special Interest
- Health and wellness of LGBTQ youth
- Alternatives to the criminal legal system
- Social determinants of health
- Queer Theory
Publications or presentations
- Hereth, J., Pardee, D.J., & Reisner, S. (2017, January). “I had completely ignored my sexuality, I was like, that’s for a different time to figure out”; Sexual orientation and gender identity development among young transgender adult men who have sex with men. Poster presentation at the Society for Social Work and Research Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Hereth, J., Kuhns, L., Reisner, S., Hughto, Jaclyn W., Mimiaga, M., Garofalo, R. (2016, November). Social and structural marginalization are highly associated with a history of arrest among young transgender women. Paper presented at the American Public Health Association 144th Annual Meeting and Exposition, Denver, CO.
- Hereth, J., Kuhns, L., Reisner, S., Hughto, Jaclyn W., Mimiaga, M., Garofalo, R. (2016, January). Social support among young transgender women. Paper presentation at the Society for Social Work and Research Conference, Washington, DC.
- Hereth, J., Kuhns, L., Reisner, S., Mimiaga, M., Garofalo, R. (2015, November). Lessons learned from a randomized controlled trial of a uniquely targeted group-based prevention intervention among young transwomen. Paper presentation at the American Public Health Association 143rd Annual Meeting and Exposition, Chicago, IL.