- 40000 Clinical Intervention in Substance Abuse
- 42001 Substance Use Practice
- Vice President Clinical Operations, Thresholds
Director of Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment, Thresholds
Program Director, Thresholds
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Dartmouth College, Geisel School of Medicine, Department of Community and Family Medicine
Consultant/Trainer, Illinois Deparment of Mental Health
Fields of Special Interest
- Implementation of evidence-based integrated mental health, tobacco dependence and other substance use treatments
- Research and clinical practice focused on enhancing motivation to initiate and sustain healthy change
Publications or Presentations
- Devitt, T.S. & Davis, K.E. (2014). Persons with Mental Illness and Co-occurring Substance Use Disorders(Chapter). In E. Giffords & K. Garber (Eds.). Perspectives on Poverty: Policies, Programs, And Practices. Chicago: Lyceum Books, Inc.
- Brunette, M.F., Ferron, J.C., Drake, R.E., Devitt, T.S., Geiger, P., McHugo, G., Jonikas, J., & Cook, J., (2013). Carbon monoxide feedback in a motivational decision support system for nicotine dependence among smokers with severe mental illness. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 45, 319-324.
Davis, K.E., O’Neill, S., Devitt, T.S., Baerentzen, B., Little, N., & Wilkniss, S. (2012). Consulting in action: A case study of six support teams sustaining integrated dual disorder treatment. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, 15, 313-333.
Brunette, M.F., Ferron, J. C., McHugo, G., Davis, K., Devitt, T.S., Wilkness, S. & Drake, R.E. (2011). Anelectronic decision support system to motivate people with severe mental illnesses to quit smoking. Psychiatric Services, 62, 360-366.
Frounfelker, R., Wilkniss, S., Bond, G., Devitt, T.S., & Drake, R.E. (2011). Enrollment in SupportedEmployment services for clients with a co-occurring disorder. Psychiatric Services, 62, 545-547.
- Devitt, T.S., Davis, K.E., Kinley, M., & Smyth, J. (2009). The evolution of Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment at Thresholds: Lessons learned. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, 12, 93-107.