- 30000 Social Intervention: Programs and Policies
- Senior Fellow, Center on Income and Benefits Policy, The Urban Institute
- Vice President, Research and Nutrition, Feeding America
- Field Instructor, School of Social Service Administration Master’s Program, The University of Chicago
Director of Social Policy Research and Analysis, Feeding America
Researcher, School of Social Service Administration, University of Chicago
Fields of Special Interest
- Poverty and social welfare policy
- Food insecurity, nutrition and social determinants of health
- Low-income employment and work opportunity
Publications or presentations
Seligman, H.K., Lyles, C.R. Prendergast, K., Marshall, M.B., Smith M. & Waxman, E. (2015, under journal review) “Longitudinal Evaluation of an On-Site Food Bank Diabetes Intervention Including Diabetes-Appropriate Food.”
- Fiese, B.H., Koester, B.K., Gundersen, C. & Waxman, E. (2015, under journal review) “Weekend Feeding Program Has Appreciable Effect on School Attendance: A Comparison Group Design.”
M.M. Ippolito, Lyles, C.R., Prendergast, K., Waxman, E., Marshall, M.B., & H.K. Seligman. (2014, under journal review). “Food Insecurity and Diabetes Self-Management among Food Pantry Clients: a Cross-Sectional Study.”
Gundersen, C., Engelhard, E. & Waxman, E. (2014). “Map the Meal Gap: Exploring Food Insecurity at the Local Level.” Applied Economic Policy and Perspectives. 36 (3): 373-386.
Snelling. A., Jacknowitz, A., Maroto, M. & Waxman, E. (2014). “Key Factors for School-Based Food Pantries: Perspectives from Food Bank and School Pantry Personnel.” Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition. 9 (3): 350-361.
Gundersen, C., Engelhard, E., Satoh, A. & Waxman, E. (2014). Map the Meal Gap: Findings for Overall and Child Food Security 2014. Chicago, IL: Feeding America.
Fiese, B.H., Koester, B.D., & Waxman, E. (2014). “Balancing Household Needs: Non-Food Needs for Food Pantry Clients and Implications for Program Planning.” Journal of Family and Economic Issues. 35: 423-421.
Waxman, E., Santos, R., Daley, K., Fiese, B., Koester, B. & Knowles, E. (2013). In Short Supply: American Families Struggle to Secure Everyday Essentials. Chicago, IL: Feeding America.
Zedlewski, S., Waxman, E. & Gundersen, C. (July 2012). SNAP’s Role in the Great Recession and Beyond. Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.
Waxman, E. (Spring 2012). “The Costs and Impacts of Rising Food Prices Among Low-Income Households.” The Journal of Food Law and Policy. 8 (1):212-221.