- 40012 Clinical Interventions in Substance Use Disorders
- 44501 Clinical Research: Using Evidence in Clinical Decision Making
- Director of Substance Use Treatment Programs, Thresholds
- Co-Owner/Founder, Roots Counseling & Training Solutions Co.
- Consultant, Illinois Co-Occurring Center for Excellence
- Consultant, Midwest Harm Reduction Institute
- Director (past), Chicago House & Social Service Agency
Fields of Special Interest
- Trauma & Trauma-Informed Care
- Co-Occurring Disorders & Integrated Treatment
- Harm Reduction
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Gender Responsive & Trans/GNC Affirming Treatment
- LGBTQIA+ Responsive Treatment
- Family-Based Treatment
- Cultural Humility & Anti-Oppressive Practice
- Decarceration & Arrest Deflection
- Homelessness & Permanent Supportive Housing
- Clinical Supervision
Publications or Presentations
- Zapata-Alma, G. & Devitt, T. (2018) Striving for compassionate recovery-oriented substance use care. Behavioral Health News, 5(3).
- “Creating and Strengthening Points of Connection to Better Serve Youth with Behavioral Health Needs Who Are Experiencing Homelessness” as part of SAMHSA’s Addressing the Housing and Behavioral Health Needs of Youth Experiencing Homelessness Spotlight Series, 05/18.
- “Families in Crisis: Working with Families in Recovery” Florida Dept. of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health, Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association, 04/18.
- “Substance Use Counseling Skills: Evidence in Practice” Florida Dept. of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health, Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association, 04/18.
- “Cultural Humility: An Integrated Framework for Vulnerable Populations”University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration Professional Development Program, 04/17, 10/17, 3/18.
- “Trauma & Trauma-Informed Care” Public Health Institute of Metropolitan Chicago Illinois Reentry Conference, 06/17; Illinois Co-Occurring Center for Excellence, 02/18; University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration Trauma Certification Program, 02/18.
- “What Does Effective Case Management Look Like?” as part of SAMHSA’s Case Management in the 21st Century Spotlight Series, 12/17.
- “Cultural Humility: An Integrated Framework for Serving Trauma-Exposed Populations” and “Cultural Humility in Leadership and Administration” Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center, 10/17.
- “Cultural Humility in Leadership & Administration” as part of SAMHSA’s Cultural Understanding and Culturally Responsive Services Spotlight Series, 08/17.
- “Integrated Group Therapy for Co-Occurring Disorders” Illinois Co-Occurring Center for Excellence, 3/17, 9/17.
- Women’s Committee of the Illinois Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Other Drug Dependency (2016).“2017-2019 Women’s Plan and Practitioner Toolkit” Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
- “LGBTQIA+ Responsive Treatment” Women’s Services Network, National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD), 2016
- “Harm and Risk Reduction Counseling at the Crossroads of Intimate Partner Violence, Substance Use, & Sex” Midwest Harm Reduction Institute 2015 Conference.
- “Working Together: Housing & Treatment for People with Co-Occurring Disorders” Illinois Co-Occurring Center for Excellence 2015 Symposium.