- 30200 Social Intervention: Research and Evaluation
Introduction to Psychology
Service Learning in Developmental Psychology
- Postdoctoral research scientist at the Chicago Center for Youth Violence Prevention (at SSA)
- Data Analyst, Positive Psychology Research Group, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Adjunct faculty, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Researcher at Clark Hill Institute for Positive Youth Development, Virginia Commonwealth University
Fields of Special Interest
Youth violence prevention
Parental, peer and romantic relationships
Publications or Presentations
- Garthe, R.C., Sullivan, T., & Kliewer, W. (in press). Longitudinal relations between parent-adolescent communication, parental acceptance and externalizing behaviors among urban adolescents. Youth & Society.
- Garthe, R. C., Sullivan, T., & Kliewer, W. (2014). Longitudinal relationships between adolescent and parental behaviors, parental knowledge, and internalizing behaviors among urban adolescents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 44, 17-33.
- Garthe, R. C., Sullivan, T., & Larsen, R. (2015). Bidirectional associations between perceived parental support for violent and nonviolent responses and early adolescent aggressive and effective nonviolent behaviors. Journal of Adolescence, 45, 183-195.
- Garthe, R. C., Sullivan, T., & McDaniel, M. (2016). A Meta-Analytic Review of Peer Risk Factors and Adolescent Dating Violence. Psychology of Violence, advance online publication.
- Goncy, E. A., Sullivan, T. N., Farrell, A. D., Mehari, K. R., & Garthe, R. C. (2016). Prevalence, patterns, and mental health correlates of dating aggression for urban middle school youth. Psychology of Violence, advance online publication.
- Griffin, B. J., Garthe, R. C., Worthington, E., Jr., Sullivan, T. N., Larsen, R., & Lavelock, C. (2015). How Positive processes function in negative relationships: Dispositional gratitude moderates the association between affective need and frequency of dating violence victimization. The Journal of Positive Psychology, advance online publication.
- Sullivan, T. N., Garthe, R. C., Goncy, E. A., Carlson, M. M., & Behrhorst, K. L. (in press). Longitudinal relations between beliefs supporting aggression, anger regulation, and dating aggression among early adolescents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.