- Welcome: From the Visiting Committee Chair: David Vitale, Chair of SSA's Visiting Committee, discusses the influence of the late Rev. Kenneth B. Smith.
- Beyond the Books: These five strategies improve urban education by focusing on the people in the school.
- Back from War: An array of views on the returning vets who have been scarred by their experiences—and how well we're helping them
- Leading a Research Party: Sarah Gehlert's transdisciplinary program is conducting groundbreaking research on how living in a distressed community may be a cause of breast cancer.
- Conversation - Don't Shoot: SSA professor Jens Ludwig and Roseanna Ander, program officer for the gun violence program at the Joyce foundation, discuss the costs and prevention of gun violence.
- Theory in Practice: Therapists need to understand not just how to use, but why to use a variety of clinical perspectives.
- Hip-Hop Generation: The rise of hip-hop gives insight into today's world.
- Voice of the People: Social service agencies advocate for their clients surprisingly often.
- Inside Social Service Review: The following are summaries of three articles that appeared in the June 2008 issue of Social Service Review.
- Reassessing Social Work's First Critic: Have we been wrong about Abraham Flexner?
- A Bumpy Road: The difficult path from welfare to work
- A Voice from the Field: Casa Central - A home away from home
- Behind the Numbers - False Perceptions: 27.9%: Vietnamese boys that smoke, according to a study in Massachusetts. The damage done by stereotypes about Asian Americans' model behavior
View web-only content: